Die cast tooling called insert die, die casting dies, or die casting molds, comes in many styles, sizes, and values. Die cast tooling comes in single cavities (one part each cycle) or multiple cavities (more than one part each cycle). INNOVAW only uses cold chamber die casting machine tooling dies or molds for aluminum die cast parts.
Glossary of die cast tooling terms:
• Trim Die – Cuts the excess aluminum around die castings fast to save the customer money.
• Slides – To accomodate undercuts in a die cast part.
• Interchangeable cores – To make the different size holes in the die cast parts.
• Waterlines – To increase the production cycles each hour.
• Vents – To allow the gasses to escape from the die cast die.
• Overflows – To regulate the temperature in the die cast dies.
• Ejector Pins – Required to push the die cast part out of the mold.
• Draft – Required angle perpendicular to the parting plane to allow the die cast parts to eject.
Aluminum casting design
Aluminum casting design includes raw casting design with die casting mold, finish production design involving post machining and other surface finishing such as electroplating, electrophoresis, painting, anodizing and powder coating. Casting design is not a simple and plain working only invloving die casting mold and raw casting. We need to take into consideration every manufacturing steps.
Zinc die casting design
There two kinds of die casting processes available for zinc high pressure die casting. Commonly we cast samll zinc die cast products by hot chamber die casting machine, and larger parts by cold chamber die casting machines. Thus before we start zinc die casting design, we will confirmed with customers which kinds of machine he prefers. Eecept of this issue, the design of zinc die casting is quite the same as that of aluminum die casting